Skip to main content

2020...Setting Self Goals of # Putting myself First




It is three weeks since we touched the magic year 2020, yet my blogposts were neither planned nor published. Successfully I drew yet another blank. At 50+ introspection is an easy excuse to justify lethargy, lack of planning and just 'did not feel like it' condition.

So officially, Welcome to a Mom's Whistling Kettle and Teatime Chats once again and once again I have finally rolled up my sleeves, and all set to commit myself to Goal Setting 2020.

At 50, all of a sudden your vision and approach to life demands a relook.. When you are past the median age mark in life you feel strongly that it is #You who needs your attention.

So when 50 years were spent in perfecting your roles as son/ daughter, partner/ spouse, parent, colleague, friend, it's time to be the Best Pal to #You, the inner person and respond to your own needs, love, passion, wants and fantasies.

While I have decided to put myself first in 2020, and listen to and pamper my thoughts, passion and dreams, you should not be left far behind....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A No guilt comfort meal for #You...

When is the last time you cooked your favourite dish, and that too just for yourself? In my commitment to my #Putting Self First, I decided to cook some my style of streetfood chowmein , loaded with veggies, shredded chicken, and finished off with just a dash of Chilli vinegar. When you are a HomeCook, Home Chef or a even a complete amateur, your efforts are always directed towards mastering a dish, authentic , perfect its taste, accompaniment and of course the presentation...but somewhere down there on some grey days, you crave for some comfort food, some comfort taste, rustic, imperfect, yet that brings in a big smile on your face...Go for it. You deserve it and it deserves #You....so why delay...the next time you decide to cook dinner for family, do the honours and make your inner self happy...So Cheers !

Mom's Tea kettle is whistling

A Mom becomes a Mom when a child is born. The child grows and becomes an adult, flies off his nest and sets up home in some other part of the globe, but the Mom is always a Mom, here, there, everywhere. I am back to blogging after almost  5 years. School going son is now in final year of engineering in some other country. So our home is our empty nest where the tea kettle is always whistling calling you friends for a round of tea-time chats.  Tea in typical Bengali homes have no fixed time...anytime is tea time. Small cups of tea in khullar or in fine bone-china is only an excuse. It can just be yet another conversation starter. So, why are  you holding back. Note down the Homepage URL and join me for tea-time chats.